Friday, June 29, 2012

Overnight Chocolate Protein Oats


For the past 4 months I've been eating the same thing pretty much religiously for breakfast. I can't seem to stop myself! Prior to this I was never really an oatmeal/porridge person. Except for the ones you get as a kid where the little eggs would melt into a dinosaur in your bowl. Then I would pick out those, then ditch the rest. This little bowl of oaty goodness changed all that! I love it since you don't have to cook anything, you just mix it up the night before and pop it in the fridge and you're good to go in the morning.


I've seen a few variations on Chocolate Protein Oats floating around, but here's my version! I usually top it with whatever berries are around, or chopped banana. Chocolate chips make their way in there too sometimes. You could use any kind of milk for it, almond, cashew, and coconut are all good! Hazelnut would be amazing if you want a Nutella flavour. Water works too, even.

I love this combination since you've got complex carbs, protein, and fruit all together, and it's pretty much the perfect breakfast for me! I stay full for hours, and it's perfect after a workout.

Overnight Chocolate Protein Oats
Vegan, Gluten Free(if you use GF oats), Soy Free

1/2 cup rolled oats
1 scoop chocolate protein powder(Vega is my all time fave)
3/4 cup dairy free milk or water

Toppings:
Berries
Banana
Coconut
Chocolate chips
Chia Seeds
Hemp Seeds
Goji berries

Mix oats, protein powder, and milk in a bowl. Leave in fridge overnight. Eat in the morning!


For legs day I did two of Nike Training Club's leg and butt focused videos, and then followed it up with some HIIT on the stationary bike. This time I tried out the reclining bike, and I'm pretty sure it's more difficult than the regular one. I couldn't tell if that was actually the case or it was because my legs were dying from the previous exercises.  Intriguing either way!


No comments:

Post a Comment