Friday, June 22, 2012

Running Adventures




For the first time in a long time I went running outside the other day. Not quite sure why I picked a 35 degree day with 40 humidex warning to run outdoors, but I couldn't help myself. It was worth every second though! I ran along the Lakeshore without any real plan in mind for how long I was going to go, or where I was going to go. Which is something different for me cause a lot of the time when doing cardio I can feel myself counting down the minutes of how much I have left, or how many calories I think I've burned, etc. It was nice just to let go of all that and just run for the sake of running. I found a little patch of beach beside a rowing club, and hung out there watching the sun set and rowers practicing.

How can you not love this view?

It was peaceful and the breeze was perfect and I think this may become my new summer routine. Running on cement kills my knees and I can't do it long, but there's lots of grassy area along the path so I've been running on those instead.


Have you ever discovered something amazing that was right in front of you but you never noticed it? That was me and this trail. Safe to say I'm in love. I'm definitely a city girl and I love the hustle and bustle, but there's just something so instantly calming about seeing water. Maybe I'm just used to it growing up on the ocean surrounded by water, trees and mountains. You never realize how little you see nature living in Toronto, until you find a little patch of it and it's magic.


This year it's been on my goal list to run a 5K, and while I've run them on the treadmill I wasn't sure if I'd still be able to do it outside! However, this route affirmed that I can(it's 3.6K each way), so I'm pumped! Now I've just got to pick a race to enter. My time for it was about 35 minutes which isn't too bad I don't think. I want to see if I can get it down to 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment